Friday 26 July 2013

BASICALLY THE SAME JOKE 24 TIMES OVER

Show me the Monet!”
Jerry McGuire at the art museum

"I love the smell of bacon in the morning. It smells like....breakfast"
In the mess hall with Lt Col Kilgore

"Hey - I know you - you're Norma Desmond. You used to be big"
"I *AM* big. I'm just standing further away than you think."
Surreal Boulevard

"Leave the gnu. Bring the canoli"
Dyslexic mafiosi carry out a hit at the zoo

"Hasta la vista, gravy"
Newly- vegetarian Terminator.

"Tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Ripper"
Ronald Reagan is mistaken for notorious serial murderer

"As God is my witness, I'll never go to Hungary again"
Scarlett O'Hara doesn't enjoy Budapest.

"Nobody puts Baby in a coma"
Parents decline anesthesia for their youngster.

I'm going to make him a tarte au cerises he can't refuse”
Vito Corleone, Godfather of patisserie

"And then.....*pfffft*.....just like that - he's Joan.
Keyser Soze describes a drag performer getting dressed.

"We're going to need a bigger goat"
Anxious West Indian caterer


"Say hello to my imaginary friend!"
Scarface threatens the cops with his finger guns

"Do you know what they call a cheeseburger and fries in France?"
"They don't call it a cheeseburger and fries?"
"No, man; they got the french language. They wouldn't know what the fuck a cheeseburger and fries was"
"What do they call it?"
"Steak haché avec fromage grillée et frites"
Pulp Fact

"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce?

Milk chocolate, aluminium foil, velcro, the Swiss Army knife, microscooters, absinthe, the bobsleigh, cellophane, rayon, LSD, the argand lamp, the bathysphere, the portable typewriter, the computer mouse, zip fasteners, potato peelers, X rays, the concepts of constitutional neutrality and confidential banking...and the cuckoo clock"
Harry Lime, trivia buff

Nevermind”
Passive-agressive raven

I am not afraid of any ghost”
Grammatically-correct Ghostbuster

Frank, my dear, I don't give a damn”
Gay Rhett Butler

I coulda been someone....I coulda been a defender”
Marlon Brando's trial for the football team goes badly.

Romeo, Romeo – where art thou, Romeo?”
“Here!”
Disappointingly literal Romeo

Last night I dreamed I went again to Mandalay”
The Second Mrs DeWinter has fond memories of Burma.

My father taught me many things in this room; mainly creationism & homophobia”
Christian home-schooled Michael Corleone.

Made it Ma! Model of the world!”
Young James Cagney is ready for the school science fair.

Here's looking at you, Sid”
Johnny Rotten is suitably moved at Sex Pistol funeral.

I am sick and tired of these motherfucking cakes on this motherfucking plane!”
Airline catering is seldom as one would hope.

"Vermouth? You can't handle vermouth!"
And that's why Jack is no longer welcome at cocktail parties.


2 comments: